Tuesday, October 9, 2012 - 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM
Cost: No charge
Download printable document...
Since the financial collapse of 2009 and other conditions that affect the financial industry, it is important to establish and
maintain a good credit score/report. The following is a list of companies or agencies that can review your credit report:
- Insurance companies
- Landlords seeking a credit check for renters
- Credit card companies
- Companies where you are seeking employment (only with your written
- Organizations considering your application for a government
license or benefit (if the agency is required to consider your financial
- State or local child support enforcement agencies
- Government agencies (usually can only look at your name, address,
former addresses, and current and former employers)
- Other organizations you’ve initiated business with
- How to obtain/interpret your credit report
- Legally correct your credit score without paying
- Tips to avoid identity theft, credit fraud & other popular scams
- How inquiries affect your score
- How long bankruptcies and collections stay on your report
- How is your score calculated
- The effects of debt to income
Instructor: Virgil Conner – Kilgore College SBDC, Business Advisor
Marshall Chamber of Commerce
213 West Austin
Marshall, TX 75671
Kilgore College SBDC, Longview, TX 75604
Telephone: (903) 757-5857
Toll-free Number: (800) 338-SBDC (7232)
Fax: (903) 753-7920
Check our Web Site for additional training information.
Costs, dates and locations are subject to change. Please verify information upon registering for an event.
Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities and limited English proficiency (LEP) will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance.