Thursday, July 19, 2012 - 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Cost: No charge
5S is an excellent tool for a company to start their Lean implementation. It is a process and method for creating an organized, clean, high performance workplace, and prepares the operation for quality and productivity. 5S ensures work areas are systematically kept clean and organized, ensuring employee safety and providing a foundation on which to build a Lean Enterprise. 5S provides a structure and steps for workplace organization, order and cleanliness. This is accomplished by:
- Putting a team of workers in control of their own workspace
- Helping a team focus on the causes and elimination of waste
- Establishing standards of visual communication, housekeeping and storage
- Preparing the work area for Lean implementation
- Improving employee morale by making the area safe, clean and enjoyable in which to work
A cross functional team is assembled and a target area chosen. Team members from the area are key in making this project a success. 5S can be used throughout the organization, both plant and office.
Jim Nall Training Center
100 Church Street
White Oak, TX 75693
Kilgore College SBDC, Longview, TX 75604
Telephone: (903) 757-5857
Toll-free Number: (800) 338-SBDC (7232)
Fax: (903) 753-7920
Check our Web Site for additional training information.
Costs, dates and locations are subject to change. Please verify information upon registering for an event.
Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities and limited English proficiency (LEP) will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance.