Friday, April 27, 2012 - 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Always search for and hire the best. This is one of the key business activities that can make or break your organization. Business owners can often feel as if they are unable to compete. Don't set your sights on getting the "best of the worst" to fill a job vacancy. Slow down, recruit the right candidates, interview, check references, complete a background check and only then should you hire the best person for the job.
- Did I ask the same old interview questions?
- Have references been called and a background check conducted?
- Am I willing to take the time to "kick the tires" before making a long term commitment?
- Will this applicant get along with others?
- Is this really the best person for the job?
- Is there a job description in place, so clear expectations can be established prior to hiring?
If you heave a sigh when you see the points above, it is time to come to this seminar. In this session, topics include:
- The Purpose of the Interview
- Analyze Top Performers and Identify Skills
- Create Competency Based Questions
- Introduction to Behavioral Interviewing
- Interview Mistakes
- Illegal Interview Questions
- The Employee Lifecycle
Presented by: Glenna Hecht, President of Humanistic Consulting, LLC
Government Contracting SBDC
Bill J. Priest Institute
1402 Corinth Street
Dallas, TX 75215
Government Contracting SBDC, Dallas, TX 75215
Contact Name: Sandra Rodriguez
Telephone: (214) 860-5889
Fax: (214) 860-5867
Check our Web Site for additional training information.
Costs, dates and locations are subject to change. Please verify information upon registering for an event.
Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities and limited English proficiency (LEP) will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance.