Wednesday, May 2, 2012 - 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
The Basic Workers’ Compensation for Medical Office Staff seminar provides practical information about rules and processes affecting health care delivery to injured employees, enabling them to effectively participate in the Texas workers’ compensation system.
Topics covered include:
- How workers’ compensation works;
- Identifying a workers’ compensation patient;
- The roles and responsibilities of health care providers;
- Establishing medical necessity through the use of Treatment Guidelines and Preauthorization;
- Billing and Reimbursement Policies and Fee Guidelines;
- Medical Documentation;
- DWC Required Forms; and
- Dispute Resolution
TDI-DWC will provide six (6) general insurance continuing education credits. Attendees must provide their license number at the seminar to receive credit.
3044 N. Eastman Road
Longview, TX 75605
Kilgore College SBDC, Longview, TX 75604
Telephone: (903) 757-5857
Toll-free Number: (800) 338-SBDC (7232)
Fax: (903) 753-7920
Check our Web Site for additional training information.
Costs, dates and locations are subject to change. Please verify information upon registering for an event.
Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities and limited English proficiency (LEP) will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance.