Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Cost: $259.00 - Lunch Included
Download printable document...
The morning portion of the course will focus on the Fundamentals of Strategic Sourcing. Upon completion of this section, the participant will:
- Define a Supply Manager as a Leader (the four facets of leadership)
- Create Procurement/Supply Management’s Mission (where), processes (how) and capabilities (what)
- Understand how they support their firm’s key organization strategies of operational, financial, marketing, and technology
- Develop a four-quadrant Commodity Segmentation Model leading to both key supply and supplier strategies
- Perform risk assessment of current and future suppliers
- Implement the 7-Step Strategic Sourcing Plan:
- Step One - Developing the supplier database
- Step Two - Finalizing your supply strategy(ies)
- Step Three - Determining the financial impact
- Step Four - Identifying your supply sources
- Step Five - Selecting your partners
- Step Six - Soliciting supplier inputs
- Step Seven - Utilizing metrics
The second half of the course will focus on Strategic Supplier Development. Research has shown that every 1% saved in purchases equates to 5% in additional sales! What is considered a “no-brainer,” is in many cases unachievable, since most purchasing organizations spend all of their time in tactical “firefighting” as opposed to value enhancement. Although we have to fight the fires and keep the ship afloat, in a parallel path, can we prevent or reduce problems and maximize value? This workshop answers in the affirmative and shows how an organization can be more strategic, even with major resource constraints.
Upon completion of the Strategic Supplier Development program, the participant will:
- Answer the question: What does strategic suppliers mean to your company?
- Understand the role strategic suppliers play in supply chain management (SCM)
- Determine how to evaluate your current supply base to determine if you should maintain “status quo,” further develop or make changes
- Review an award winning supplier benchmarking tool which explores key areas of quality levels, customer service, management support, delivery and pricing and rate against best-in-class standards
- Determine how to develop and administer a supplier certification program, thereby eliminating the need for costly inspections
- Participate in a case study on supplier certification
- Develop a strategic supplier rating system, including the key areas of quality, delivery, price and customer service
- Develop customer/supplier, cross-functional, cost reduction teams where savings benefit both parties
- Stage a Strategic Supplier Conference, including logistics, timing and benefits
Use the Registration link above to register online or use the printable document link above to print off a Registration Form.
Synergy Park Training Facility
Suite 100, 1001 Synergy Blvd.
Kilgore, TX 75662
Kilgore College SBDC, Longview, TX 75604
Telephone: (903) 757-5857
Toll-free Number: (800) 338-SBDC (7232)
Fax: (903) 753-7920
Check our Web Site for additional training information.
Costs, dates and locations are subject to change. Please verify information upon registering for an event.
Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities and limited English proficiency (LEP) will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance.