- Thursday, July 5, 2012 - 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM
- Thursday, July 12, 2012 - 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM
- Thursday, July 19, 2012 - 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM
- Thursday, July 26, 2012 - 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM
- Thursday, October 25, 2012 - 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM
- Thursday, November 1, 2012 - 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM
- Thursday, November 8, 2012 - 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM
- Thursday, November 15, 2012 - 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM
Cost: $400.00 (4-week Class)
When one incorporates as a nonprofit organization, that is done through your state. The corporation is now a legal entity, and the articles act as your guideline for running the nonprofit busi-ness. Obtaining nonprofit corporate status with your state does not automatically carry over to the federal government. The IRS is the only agency who can approve you for that much sought after 501(c)3 status.
A 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation should really be referred to as a “tax-exempt” corporation. As long as the funds you raise are done so with your stated purposes in mind and used for those purposes, those funds will not be taxed.
It also means that contrary to popular belief, a “nonprofit” organization CAN make a profit. What you DO with that profit that makes the difference!
In this class you will learn the following:
- Information to complete SS4 Form to receive an EIN
- Information on how to set up your Board of Directors
- Information to create and develop a Certificate of Formation to get you incorporated as a non-profit organization
- Information to create and develop Bylaws
- Information to create and develop a Conflict of Interest Policy
- Information to complete the 501(c)3 application step by step
- Information on how to properly manage your nonprofit organization
To register for these classes or learn more, please call the Government Contracting SBDC at: 214-860-5889.
Pre–registration is preferred. Classes may not meet if attendees do not register.
Bill J. Priest Institute
1402 Corinth Street
Dallas, TX 75215
Government Contracting SBDC, Dallas, TX 75215
Contact Name: Sandra Rodriguez
Telephone: (214) 860-5889
Fax: (214) 860-5867
Check our Web Site for additional training information.
Costs, dates and locations are subject to change. Please verify information upon registering for an event.
Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities and limited English proficiency (LEP) will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance.