- Friday, December 9, 2011 - 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM
- Friday, December 9, 2011 - 12:30 PM - 2:30 PM
Cost: No charge - Register for 1 or both sessions. Pre-registration required.
Download printable document...
Register for 1 or both sessions:
Starting a Business 101 (9:30-11:30am)
- Sources of funding
- Comparing and contrasting the different business entities
- IRS record-keeping requirements
- Practical record-keeping recommendations
- Common taxes and issues small businesses will run into during their first year
Accounting Basic Training (12:30-2:30pm)
- Application of the accounting model
- Discuission about types of accounts and assumptions in the accounting model
- How to correctly record transactions
- How recorded transactions flow to the financial statements
- How to understand basic financial statements
- Learn to correct common accounting issues and mistakes
Speaker: Ivan Alvarez, CPA
Ivan is a Certified Public Accountant and entrepreneur. Ivan draws from his various accounting positions and leadership experiences gained as an external auditor, fraud examiner and army reservist. Ivan is passionate about saving business owners time, lowering their taxes, improving their profits and helping them achieve their goals.
Brought to you by the North Central Texas College Flower Mound SBDC and Flower Mound Chamber of Commerce.
North Central Texas SBDC
Flower Mound Campus
1200 Parker Square, Room 108
Flower Mound, TX 75028
Ivan Alvarez, CPA PLLC, Corinth, TX 76210
Contact Name: Evie Alvarez
Telephone: (214) 390-3255
Toll-free Number: (800) 960-4576
Fax: (888) 950-4579
Check our Web Site for additional training information.
Costs, dates and locations are subject to change. Please verify information upon registering for an event.
Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities and limited English proficiency (LEP) will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance.