- Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - 11:30 AM - 1:30 PM
- Wednesday, September 19, 2012 - 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
- Wednesday, October 17, 2012 - 11:30 AM - 1:30 PM
- Wednesday, November 14, 2012 - 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
- Wednesday, December 19, 2012 - 11:30 AM - 1:30 PM
Cost: No Charge
Thinking of starting a business but don’t know where to start? Confused by all the different types of entities you could form for your business and wondering which type will be best? This class will address:
- How to Effectively work with your Attorney (and save $$$ doing it)
- Choice of Entity & Documents Required
- Minimizing Liability
- Assumed Names (Doing Business As)
- Financing the Business – Loans, Angels & VCs
- Intellectual Property – Trademarks, Copyrights, Trade Secrets & Patents
Presented by Terry Traveland of Traveland Law.
Terry Traveland has been practicing law since 1994 as an experienced corporate, mergers & acquisitions and securities law attorney. She provides advice to entrepreneurs on a broad range of issues including, business formation and planning, employment law, protection of intellectual property, purchases and sales of businesses, commercial transactions and contracts, loans and leases, and non-profit corporations.
Courtyard Center for Professional and Economic Development
4800 Preston Park Blvd, Suite 114
Plano, TX 75093
Collin SBDC, Plano, TX 75093
Telephone: (972) 985-3770
Fax: (972) 985-3775
Check our Web Site for additional training information.
Costs, dates and locations are subject to change. Please verify information upon registering for an event.
Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities and limited English proficiency (LEP) will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance.