Who We Are
The Small Business Development Center (SBDC) is currently the largest management assistance program serving the business sector in the United States. Implementation of the program, upon completion of the annual Cooperative Agreement, rests within each SBDC State or Region Director and the sponsoring organization.
An SBDC conducts research, counsels and trains business people in managing, financing and operating small businesses, providing comprehensive information services and access to experts in a variety of fields. Each SBDC encourages unique local efforts to meet small business needs in its area. SBDCs develop and maintain partnerships among community organizations and agencies: local, state and federal, to provide a focal point for broad networks of public and private resources at the community level. SBDC partnership programs and activities have contributed significantly to economic growth in each state.
It is the philosophical approach of the SBDC to guide and train the client in the areas of assistance required, rather than doing the work for them. Any present or prospective business owner is eligible for SBDC management and technical advising at no charge.
Have a good idea for a business?
A pre-business workshop will help you to explore the possibilities and help you to decide whether to embark on this new venture. These workshops provide the foundation for developing a sound business plan to start your business and guide its growth. Our business advisors can help you refine your plan and access the information you need.
Already in business?
Our seasoned advisors can analyze your business situation and help you develop your tools for growth; a business plan, financial analysis, and a marketing strategy that’s right on target. We can also help you identify sources of financing and develop a financing proposal. And, we offer a variety of short, practical seminars to help you stay current and strengthen your management skills.
- Provide information to the entrepreneur related to starting a small business.
- Provide free in-depth business advising, quality assistance to small businesses in all areas that promote growth, expansion, innovation, increased productivity and management involvement.
- Link resources of federal, state and local governments with those of colleges, universities and the private sector to meet the needs of the small business community.
- Advocate small business interests.
- Contribute to the economic growth of the community serviced and create a broad based delivery system.
To be the recognized leader for small business assistance in the North Texas Region.
To accelerate the North Texas economy by helping entrepreneurs grow sustainable businesses.